Lily of the Valley - Lily of the valley flower is the name of this tiny and beautiful plant. Lily of the valley includes the most beautiful flowers in the lily family, this ornamental plant is 'perennial'. Lily of the valley is a very small white spring flower with a bell-like shap.
This ornamental plant only appears in spring in an area with 4 seasons, mainly in the north of England. This flower grows in many English countries, especially in the north.
While the meaning of this beautiful little flower is a belief, a ray of happiness and sanctity. Lily of the Valley is one of the most beautiful in the Lily family.
The flowers are generally white in color although sometimes there is also a reddish-white color. In September this flower takes out sweet berries on its petals, which are 5-7 mm in diameter.
Lily of the valley flower is used as a symbol of purity, simplicity, charm, humility and also believed to bring good luck in the world of romance.
Lily of the Valley Flower Poisonous to Touch?
Lily of the valley flowers are white and shaped like bells hanging from their branches. Lilly of the valley looks very beautiful and looks harmless but do not be fooled by her appearance. This flower turned out to be toxic.
But behind the beauty, this ornamental plant is very dangerous and deadly flower because of this flower including the class of toxic flowers. The poison will harm people if consuming this flower in large quantities, but if just consuming one or two flowers is not too result.
Although eating only one or two doses of this bell-shaped flower will not be fatal, but if eaten in sufficient quantities that can cause a person to feel itchy in the mouth, incredible nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and will cramping all parts of his body.
And even more dangerous is that if this ornamental plant of flowers is consumed by a person in large numbers, the toxins contained in the Lily of the valley flowers can cause heart dysfunction and make the heartbeat weakened.
Convalla toxin is a toxin that resides in this plant. Formerly the poison in Lily of the valley (Convallatoxin) is used as a medication of the liver. Fragrant aroma makes this flower is also used to make perfume.
How to Safely Plant Ornamental Flowers Lily of the Valley in Your Home
If you want to plant this flower in your house, there really is not a problem that will arise. Provided you can follow the following tips.
- Never try to taste the flowers, even if only slightly
- Plant in a place far from the reach of children
- Tell the whole family at home not to play Lily of the Valley flowers in the mouth, let alone eat the flowers.
- Put it with ornamental plants that are rarely approached by lay people, such as cactus.
So little discussion of the Tips to Plant Ornamental FlowersLily of the Valley in Your Home hopefully with this restriction can add insight and knowledge to all of us, thank you very much for visiting.
Read also other articles:
- How to Plant and Take Care Bougainvillea Flowers
- How to Easily Plant and Take Care Ashoka Flowers
- All About Ornamental Gloriosa Flowers
- 16 Species of Ornamental Plants Nepenthes Flowers